Friday, February 27, 2015
EARLY ON FRIDAY WHILE THE RAPS WERE STILL TIED ....
1. Back to the classic 2D line problem
2. Standard form of a line
3. Taking up dot product problems
4. Test prep
1. Multiplying in your head ....easier than you think
2. Optimization .... creating rectangles that satisfy a constraint
3. Part 1
4. Part 2
5. CP reminder
1. Quick diagnostic ... adding like terms
2. Two more like term examples
3. Adding polynomials
4. Subtracting polynomials
Good night (not if you are the Raptors, mind you ... 34 point deficit) now.
1. Shadowing onto a short vector
2. Shadowing onto a vector in the opposite direction
3. Lots of dot product practice
1. Open book Pythagorean Theorem Quiz
2. Practice problems for Monday's Closed Book Measurement Assessment
3. Optimization Intro at the board
7. Tiles for modelling
It was a good night ... could have done without the late night snacking, though.
Thursday, February 26, 2015
RAPTORS UPDATE: They still have one of their best-ever records (in a wretched 20 year history) .... but, to quote a commenter off ESPN the other night, DD is making me "not like basketball" anymore .... for the love of all things decent, DD, the 18 foot jumper went out with NBA short shorts ten years ago .... watch some Spurs tape ...
ON A COLD WEDNESDAY AFT ....
1. Composite area practice
2. Late kid
3. Late kid
4. Late kid with food
5. Late kid
7. Pathway education
8. Taking up a cat picture problem
9. Gapminder technical issues
1. Algebra intro
2. Cheap food vacancy
3. Terms and degrees .... the first two skills
4. Tests returned
Good night now.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
TALES OF A TUESDAY
1. TV dimensions....1E2V or 2E2V
2. Dot Product, the introduction
2. Taking up composite figure perimeter questions
3. Composite figures with area explored
4. Letterman and the gravity test
5. Practicing comp figure areas with a sail
1. Assessment #1
2. Substitution practice
3. Paint by Pictures
Good night now.
Monday, February 23, 2015
RAPTORS UPDATE: ugh
GOOD ADVICE: don't type your blogs after midnight....you'll say something inane or non-sensical...I'm taking it
BRIEF REVIEW OF A FROZEN LUNDI:
1. Finding mystery vectors with magnitude clues
2. Unit vectors
3. Cup concerns
4. Dot product in physics
1. The Pythagorean Theorem for perimeters
2. Composite figures and perimeters
3. ...forgot the MovieQuiz again ...
5. Composite figure text problems
1. Taking up rational number problems
2. Number Stuffer
Good. Night. Now.
Sunday, February 22, 2015
MY FIRST VISIT TO MARKHAM THIS WEEKEND...nothing mathematical to report. It did have a lot of "Second Cup" locations though, rivalling Tim Hortons and Starbucks. I like coffee.
IF YOU LIKED MAZES AS A KID ....check this out. I suppose if you like mazes now it would be ok too. Some of you probably think of yourselves as "kids" still also, in which case following the link makes even more sense...I guess I should warn you..if it's EASY mazes that you like, I wouldn't bother ...
FRIDAY, WHAT WAS IT LIKE ANYWAYS?
1. Linear Combinations of Vectors in Cartesian Form
2. (many colours required)
1. We had a lot of help today.
2. Pythagorus was all about the squares
3. Four Pythagorean Theorem practice problems
4. Collect for assessment
5. EQAO practice
1. Substituting into an algebraic expression
2. Practice problems #10 and 14 from the exponent rule section
***Test announced for Tuesday...Review problems distributed***
3. EQAO practice
4. Thanks Mr. B
Good night now.
Thursday, February 19, 2015
EXTRA, EXTRA!!! STUDENT READS HORRIBLE PUN "PUNCHLINE" OUT LOUD IN 1D TODAY....FEELING OF DESPONDENCY AND MALAISE SWEEPS OVER CLASS ...
The NBA returned from its hiatus tonight....Raps back in business tomorrow (in ATL!!!)
...I'm sleepy...going to the summary before I write something inane.
THURSDAY IN REVIEW
1. Free food tie
2. Cartesian Vectors ... the basics
3. Basic, but lengthy
1. Return solid set of quizzes
2. Testing for a 90 degree angle
3. The two main types of Pythagorean problems explored and practiced (briefly)
4. Cheap food and movie percentages
1. Honourable mentions and CFQ winners
2. Power of a power
3. Practice with the three exponent rules
4. Sighing and yawning.
6. Multi-step power problems explored
7. Probability tangent involving SHAQ, bases of 0.5 and Tim Hortons luck(?)
Good night now....and I mean now.